I have this week unexpectedly off of work. I am transitioning in between jobs and it was sort of handed to me on some kind of silver platter, you could say. Last night I had the only case of insomnia I think I have ever had, so I was fully awake come five AM. I wandered around my dim apartment, trying to make myself tired, to no luck, so I sat, drank some tea, and I listened.
I love early morning, especially unexpected early mornings. I love wandering out onto a deck, taking in the misty earth and the first sounds of life. I love the peace and solitude I find in them. But waking hours in New York are nothing like what I have been used to, they are quite communal. I heard my neighbors begin their days, their first conversations, their indecisiveness of what to wear, the woman who sings opera warming her voice. I sat, I sipped, and I felt this community stirring and waking around me. I suppose its one small beauty of city living.

Lovely. A life of observation is a beautiful one.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this, and the way you worded the beautiful parts of city living.
ReplyDeleteHard to see the beauty of morning in the city. Sound are more pure and peacefull when we are juste us and the nature.
ReplyDeleteThis photo is beautiful.
Beautiful picture and wording. Captures the moment perfectly xx
ReplyDelete