a simple home



I happened upon this article today and wanted to share with you some quotes about how to approach a home and how to curate a space- it really captures my emotions about my home and how I want to live in it and view it. I hope it is as inspiring to you as it was to me!

"When it comes to my home I approach it like a collection- a simple base that can change with the seasons. .. I love using flowers as accessories- to add color or change a mood in an instant. My design philosophy is to use the handmade and the seasonal. I love to work with the 'given', leaving things raw. I always have a sense of wonder at the gifts of nature... My home is a healing place. I am interested in the psychological relationship between us all and our spaces. For instance, as much as we love a beautiful patterned wallpaper, I am not so concerned with it in terms of decorating but in the emotional charge of how it can make your heart sign... I let life and living be the real color in a home... even though my home is almost all white, color makes my heart sing. For me its about the relationship between two colors... But than there are so many combinations in nature that are seemingly odd, and nature never gets it wrong. "

(a few of my favorite quotes from Interiors: A space for everything)
photo by Kirsten Peres.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24.9.13

    Great post! Your house + blog are beautiful & inspiring. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete