I’m not really one for blog posts like this, because I like things like blogs to develop organically, but I feel as though it might be necessary to establish some goals for my personal time spent writing this blog. And for all of you occasional, casual followers, it might be nice to understand what you are following!
In thinking about the new year, my goal is to document more on here, mainly for myself as I sort through life’s simple questions, and hopefully for the reading pleasure of others, and to foster a sense of online community and great discussion- I love how everyone has such a unique perspective and life story, I find it so exciting and amazingly connecting to have these types of relationships!
So a list, (because who doesn’t love a good list?) for my plans and goals for this next year.
-to document life: journeys of all sizes, the happy and sad moments, but my personal favorite life moments, are the small peaceful ones- the unexpected moments of feeling at peace and connected to a sense of what truly matters.
-to encourage myself to keep making art, photographing, styling, thinking, listening and writing.
-to discuss the process of putting together a home: I tend to be very minimalistic within my home, I have a strong hate for clutter and am obsessed about curating a space to love being in and that others love to be in (I love hosting!). I also want to challenge myself to invest in quality and cherished pieces of furniture, and to live with as little as possible- and hopefully work my household and lifestyle into more of a zero waste lifestyle!
-a project in curating personal style and building a perfect wardrobe: I am not really even sure if I believe that it is possible, but over my time living in NYC, I was very obsessed with figuring out who I was style wise. Before I spent the time to really think about my style it was a jumble of everything trendy and I never felt 100% confident in anything I wore- which is such a horrible feeling! Now I don’t intend for this to be a fashion blog- but I want to talk my about my process of building a wardrobe to cherish and live in, and I figured that if I am more open about it here, I will make less impulse buys (much to my husbands approval) and really plan out what I own and why.
Let the journey and conversations begin!
you have wonderful plans!! Looking forward to see you acomplishing them (especially that 'style' part)!!
ReplyDelete