wardrobe recap of 2012






wardrobe


Foundational pieces of 2012:

Swedish Hasbeens boots: Bought on sale in New York- have worn multiple times weekly this past fall and current winter, especially because they are my only work appropriate heels!
Jcrew Cafe Capris: I love a good black cigarette pant, unfortunately these Jcrew ones have lost their shape from constant wear (that or I have lost an insane amount of weight)
Variety of Button ups: four from Madewell, mostly chambrays and one khaki shirt, and three from Jcrew, one plaid, one white and one liberty printed blouse.
Tortoise Glasses from Warby Parker: my first pair of glasses- I still love them but might invest in something a bit trendier soon.
Small Timex watch: not sure if this counts (i got it as a gift for christmas) but I love it! I had been looking for a small timex watch for a while- I wear it almost daily.
Gray Wool blazer: From Uniqlo, received as a gift from my husband- it has been my go to jacket this winter
Thin wool navy sweater: this has been getting constant wear this winter!
Thick black wool speckled sweater: I realized recently that I am not a huge fan of wearing pattern- I much rather prefer texture. This sweater (from Madewell) has been perfect recently
A.P.C. Petite Standard Jeans: I still havent quite worn these in yet, and they need to be hemmed, but I havent worn them has much as my black skinny jeans, I think due to the fact that they are still a bit rough.
Madewell Tote: This purse has been all over manhattan with me- I took it everywhere and got so many complements on it! I love the simple craftsmanship of it.
Black Loafers: I wore my Jcrew patent penny loafers almost everyday for a year- they fell apart on me after the summer, I will most likely invest in a pair this year.
LBD: The perfect little black dress, from Zara! I feel so gorgeous in it!
Summer Dresses: One stripped dress from Madewell, One chambray tunic from Uniqlo, and one stripped Breton dress from Uniqlo- all got good wearing during the spring/summer in NYC
Swedish Sandals: Orderd of Ebay from Sweden, (looked identical to Swedish Hasbeen sandals) I wore these literally everyday this summer. The leather has stretched out, and they need repair- I am extremely hard on my shoes.
T Shirts: Replaced a gray v neck, bought three Breton Tshirts- one vintage St James from Paris, and two cotton Ts from Uniqlo.
Calvin Kline Bralettes: I made the transition to bralettes, and boy do I love them! So comfortable! And of course very pretty- whats a married woman to do?

2012 was a very rewarding year in terms of building up my ideal year. I definitely have changes that I plan on making this year in my shopping habits and the quality of garments I purchase. But knowing that I am closer and know my own style better is an encouraging beginning! I will tell you all more about my plans for this coming year soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment